Widening of the vaginal canal due to aging or childbirth may have left you unhappy with your sex life or resulted in certain physical limitations. You may be experiencing difficulty with tampons, frequent urination, or pain during intercourse from weakened vaginal muscles. Fortunately, there is a surgical option for restoring the vaginal muscle, improving your sexual health, and increasing your confidence.
Vaginoplasty: Vaginal Rejuvenation
Vaginoplasty is a vaginal rejuvenation surgery that aims to tighten up the vagina by correcting the distension of the vaginal canal tissues and recover the contraction capacity of the vaginal muscles. During the surgery, a reduction of the muscles around the vagina is performed, which improves muscle tone and elasticity. In this way, the posterior wall of the vagina is reinforced, which improves the continence of the perineal floor and the disorders associated with this excessive enlargement are solved.
Vaginoplasty is mostly and frequently performed in women who suffer from a weakening of the support of the pelvic organs and a widening of the vagina as a result of having had several childbirths. Besides, the loss of firmness of the pelvic floor can also cause uterine prolapse (fall and bladder displacement), urinary incontinence, and low intensity or less frequent sexual intercourse of orgasms.
Why Some Women Desire Vaginal Rejuvenation?
After childbirth vaginally stretching and laxity of vaginal tissues and muscles may lead to decreased sensation for you and your partner during sexual intercourse, a sensation that the inside of vagina is “falling out” or feeling “too loose”. Vaginal birth may also lead to tears or the need for an episiotomy, which sometimes does not heal properly, thus aggravating the problem more.
How Does it Work?
Vaginoplasty is an aesthetic surgical intervention in which problems related to a woman’s vagina are treated, such as sagging of the pelvic organs after pregnancy. The procedure of vaginoplasty consists of narrowing the vaginal canal, joining the muscles with absorbable stitches. The vaginoplasty procedure can last from one to two hours and, depending on the degree of widening of the vagina, will be performed under general or only local anesthesia. The postoperative period is done at home and will require the administration of mild painkillers.
Things You Should Consider After Vaginoplasty Treatment
- During the first 48 hours after surgery, it is normal for you to notice some discomfort. It is necessary to rest during this period and place cold in the affected area.
- The pain after a vaginoplasty is bearable with analgesics. Bruises may appear, but they will disappear on their own in a few days.
- You should maintain excellent intimate hygiene after vaginoplasty: bathe with an antiseptic and dry the area gently 2 times a day for 3 days. We also advise you to wear loose clothing and a hygienic protector during the first days to avoid rubbing.
- The stitches are absorbable and will disappear on their own after 10 days.
- You can resume a professional activity after 5 or 6 days provided you do not have a physical job, as well as a progressive sexual activity after about 6 weeks.
- We also recommend waiting 1 to 2 months before doing activities such as horse riding or cycling.
For more information, please call us at (323) 744-3133.